2017
2017 martial law
duterte
june 2017
martial law
mindanao
mindanao martial law
mindanaoan
perspective
philippines
What a person from Mindanao think about Martial Law
![]() |
| *I give all credits to its owner* I DO NOT OWN THIS. |
Being born in the southern part of the Philippines, news about war isn't that new.
Though, we all know that there are rebellions in certain areas.
It is definitely heart breaking that this incident had not yet been solved.
People are still dying or in danger. Children, losing parents.
Homes being destroyed. Lives ruined.
Thinking about all these, is Martial Law what we really need?
How different is it from the last one?
I would say that we really needed it. I believe that our beloved President, Rodrigo Duterte, knows best and wouldn't really do anything to harm his people. Especially, the ones in his territory which is Mindanao. I refer Mindanao as his territory since he was from Mindanao himself.
Martial Law is the only way to solve it. An iron fist is the only way to pulverize the rebellions in our area. Also to keep the non affected, or people in the surrounding area safe. To prevent anymore casualties that may worsen the situation.
It is far different from the old Martial Law. The constitution is still present. I believe they already changed the law about Martial Law to prevent the past from happening again. I mean, it would be dumb of them not to, right?
I know where the people who are against it are coming from, they are afraid that maybe it would result to another abuse of power, which what happened years ago. As I have said, I believe our new or current law wouldn't let anyone abuse there power unlike before.
I think we could all agree that our law makers already learned there lesson, right?

No comments